Providing great management solutions for your assets
Who Are We
Richard Papworth is a Facility Management Professional with significant experience in delivering long term sustainable value for customers. Previously working in the Executive Management Team within the Programmed Group, Richard successfully led the Programmed Facility Management NZ team from a start-up business to a leading FM player in the NZ Market. Richard’s background is finance with broad experience managing large System, Risk and Legal teams. Richard has the proven ability /experience in the establishment / management of any large scale project.
- Operational responsibility for Programmed FM NZ business during a significant phase of its growth
- Mobilisation Director providing governance over the change management process for Fonterra Distribution Centre first time outsourcing.
- Significant experience developing and implementing Contract Improvement plans for underperforming contracts.
- Led the development and implementation of Asset Management and innovation strategies to provide significant customer value.
Business System and IT
- First time implementation of the paperless end to end Enterprise Asset Management mobility solution with full integration between customer and subcontractors. This has resulted in a $3M margin improvement in the business
- Technical understanding of web services and schemas design providing customers and the business with an efficient data transfer eliminating administration
- Strong understanding of Mobile and Enterprise Asset Management systems
- Detailed knowledge of how best to implement successful ERP solutions
Financial and Commercial
- Lead the re-negotiation of all commercial arrangement on the Ararat Prison Public Private Partnership (Builder and SPV were placed into administration)
- Governance and financial accountability for large multi-faceted international organisations of over $1B turnover
- Experience in reviewing organisational global risk position. Establishment of risk matrix while aligning corporate strategic risk approach to organisational risk profile
- Broad business development experience including bidding, negotiating and mobilising major opportunities and contracts (including Water Contracts and Public Private Partnerships)
- Strong understanding of business risk and strategies required to eliminate or mitigate the risks, especially health and safety
- NPV and ROCE assessments to understand the current value of long term contracts/ projects
Management and Leadership
- Diverse General Management experience covering marketing, sales, operations, finance, IT, risk and legal within business that has
- experienced significant growth.
- Board Member on Energy Australia Yallourn Alliance
- Steerco Member on Fonterra Distribution Centre (first time outsourcing)
- Proven experience in design and implementation of strategy
Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
Bachelor of Business Accounting Monash
2011 – 2017
2010 – 2011
One Group Retail
2006 – 2010
Pacific Services Group
Professional Associations & Memberships
Ashley has over 20 years of international experience in the FM industry. Ashley has held many executive leadership roles leading operations, advisory and sales and strategy developing significant order book for a major ASX listed entity.
Ashley has been responsible for undertaking various projects and consultancy works including Asset Condition Appraisals, Project Management, Public Private Partnership Advisory (including State advisory for the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne Convention Centre and Royal Women’s Hospital) and Strategic Asset Management. His background in Facility Management has enabled innovative and practical solutions, a detailed understanding of assets, asset management maintenance strategies to be provided to customers including local and state governments and private industry including Australia Post, BHP Billiton, CSIRO and Orica.
- Led various projects and consulting works including Asset Condition Appraisals, Strategic Asset Management Project Management and Public Private Partnership Advisory (including State advisory for the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne Convention Centre and Royal Women’s Hospital).
- Undertook strategic reviews of management systems at both organisational and contract level including OH&S, Quality, Environmental and Asset Management. Key board/Steerco member on the Energy Australian Yallourn Alliance as well as Fonterra distribution centres (first time outsourcing) to ensure these strategic contracts received required governance.
Strategic Asset Management
- Developed and implemented a strategy for the Department of Human Services Victoria – Disability Services Division to transform the maintenance regime at over 1000 facilities across Victoria from a reactive program to a predictive planned maintenance regime that enabled certainty in costing and reduced long term costs. This program was developed seven years ago and is still being successfully used today.
- Enabled innovative and practical solutions to be provided to State Government Departments including Department of Human Services Victoria, Major Projects Victoria, Department of Primary Industries, Department of Treasury and Finance and Private Industry including clients Australia Post, BHP Billiton, CSIRO, Orica and the Building Management and Works.
- Managed the implementation of facility management operational strategies for a diverse range of clients including JP Morgan, Incitec Pivot, Bosch and Coles.
Public Private Partnerships
- Successful FM Bid Director and operations management for a number of major PPP bids in Australian and New Zealand including: New Zealand Schools, ACT Courts, Wollongong University Student Accommodation, Southern Queensland Correctional Centre, Christchurch Social Housing Transfer and Hopkins Correctional Centre.
- State Advisor for Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne, Convention Centre, Royal Women’s Hospital and Southbank TAFE (Brisbane QLD)
- The time allocated following a procurement exercise before commencement of the service delivery is arguably the most critical time of a contract. If it goes wrong the improvement plan required can be costly and the Customer Contractor relationship will be damaged. If it goes well it lays the foundations for the success of the future of the Contract while delivering on key customer strategy and objectives. Luminaire Solutions can support organisations and their partners through this challenging time period.
- Our Consultants bring Luminaire’s Mobilisation methodology to ensure you are set up for success from day one.
Luminaire will work with you to develop organisation-wide procurement strategy aligned to business goals and objectives. We will also assist you in implementing a strategic sourcing roadmap aligned to your organisations objectives. We understand how to develop category specific strategies for ongoing category management. We are experienced in:
- Assessing the competency of your people.
- Developing a skills enhancement program including training and mentoring
- Implementing a robust governance and performance management framework including metrics and scorecards that are aligned to your company strategy
- Provided governance over the change management program
- Implementation of processes and tools
- Assessing and improving processes and policies for all source-to-pay functions
- Reviewing technology requirements and implementing best-fit solutions
- Our procurement transformation engagements are led by seasoned procurement experts and sophisticated methodologies, a rich knowledge base of best-practices, benchmarks and analytical tools and templates, market intelligence capabilities
Bachelor of Engineering, Advanced Management Systems
Master of Business, Property
2017 – Present
2009 – 2017
Programmed Facility Management
Executive General Manager
2008 – 2009
Savills Property Manager
1999 – 2008
Programmed Facility Management
1997 – 1999
CKS Facilities Management Maintenance Engineer
Professional Associations & Memberships
Member, Property Council of Australia
Member, Facility Management Association of Australia